Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How do you find books on our shelves? Look for the location and the call number.
The location tells you where in the library the book is located. Some of the most common locations you'll see are:
- Muskingum Stacks - The main book collection, located on all three floors.
- Muskingum Popular Reading - In the Gupta Reading Room
- MuskingumYoung Adult - In the Gupta Reading Room
- Muskingum Juvenile Collection - Upstairs in the Pingledis Family Children's Library
Call numbers tell you where the book is located, as well as what it's about. The Muskingum University Library uses Library of Congress call numbers.
- A-D - Main floor in the Burlingame Room (on your right when you enter)
- N - Main floor in the Gardener Center
- H-HJ - Main floor in the Hutchinson Reference Center
- HM-Z - Basement
Be sure to look at the books shelved around the one you want. They're shelved by subject, so you may find a great book that way!
Reading Call Numbers
Parts of a call number
Putting them in order
Safari Books Online
Full-text of 4,500+ electronic books in computer science, information technology, and related fields.
Over 1,500 scholarly e-books covering history, humanities, and area studies. Records for these books will show up in searches in the Muskingum Library Catalog. [off-campus
Use Google Books to search millions of scanned texts. Beware, though: many books will only give you a limited preview, or no preview at all! If you find something you like, check to see if OhioLINK has it!