In your Muskingum Experience, you will get a firm foundation in both semesters of your first year, with MUXP courses that prepare you with how to study and acclimate to college life. Planning and carrying out your experiential learning experiences will occur in your middle years as a Muskie. During these experiences, you will be collecting evidence, such as pictures, reflections, written assignments, etc. that will demonstrate what you learned and gained in them. In your last year, you will take part in a senior capstone project that will culminate everything you have been learning about your field of study. During all of this, you will be guided by an integrative advisor who will help you plan and carry out curriculur and co-curricular classes and experiences that will prepare you for graduation. All of these experiences are documented in your eportfolio.
Use the tabs at the top of the page.
* Students - Contains complete step-by-step instructions on how to create your eportfolio and what needs to go in it. This tab has short videos as well as written instructions.
* Faculty -
* Examples - This tab gives you pictures of and links to student eportfolios to give you an idea of what you can do with your own eportfolio when you are ready.
* My Muskie Experience - Explains what the Muskie Experience is and many of the opportunities you will have as a Muskingum student to expand your horizons, gain experiences outside the classroom, and prepare yourself for the professional world after graduation.
* Impact Center - Experiential Learning Help -
* Get Help - Contact information when and if you haave trouble with creating, editing or using your eportfolio
Students can use eportfolios to collect their work, reflect upon strengths and weaknesses, and strive to improve, Both students and faculty can learn about the achievement of outcomes over time, make connections among different parts of the curriculum, gain insights leading to improvement, and develop identities as learners or facilitators of learning.
Reflection on work saved in eportfolios can:
Miller, Ross and Morgaine, Wende, (2009) The Benefits of E-portfolios for Students and Faculty in Their Own Words. aacu.org. aacu.org/publications-research/periodicals/beefits-e-portfolios-students-and-faculty-their-own-words.